Hypnobirthing - 1 Day Course With Birth Partners
Time & Location
About the Event
This 1 day course is designed for women and their partners, or birth partner (e.g. mum/friend). It is a chance to immerse yourself in preparation for your birth with the person who will be with you there on the day. Hypnobirthing’s huge surge in popularity in recent years is testament to how much it has benefited many families.
I have chosen to teach the Mindful Mamma approach which effectively combines hypnosis techniques with mindfulness in an easily accessible 1 day format.
This day course will you offer you a range of techniques and knowledge/wisdom so that you feel at your most empowered and calmly excited for your birth.
Fee = £130/couple
Online via zoom
10am - 4pm
For women and their (birth) partners.
What is hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing is a form of birth education which combines knowledge and techniques from a variety of different areas. It has its roots in science and offers you sound understanding of the process of birth. This is alongside a variety of techniques and practices that include breathing techniques, deep relaxations, visualisations, self hypnosis, affirmations, meditation, and practical exercises with our partner (e.g. massage).
It can help you in accessing anything which is holding you back and offers ways to create/develop a positive mindset in preparation for your birth. The approach also very much values the role of your birth partner and offers practical and emotional ways for them to support you.
What does the course involve?
· A variety of techniques that will support you in your pregnancy and birth - breathing techniques, deep relaxations, hypnosis techniques and exercises to do with your partner.
· A scientific understanding of the process of birth
· Consideration of what environment you want to create for your birth and how the right environment can assist your birthing
· Understanding positioning of the baby and why it matters
· Natural alternatives to intervention
What you’ll gain from his course
· Confidence in yourself and your body
· A feeling of bonding with your partner and being on the same page
· Techniques that will support you in your pregnancy, birth and beyond
What will my partner/ birth partner gain from the course?
· Techniques to support you in the lead up to and during birth - including movement practices, breathing techniques, relaxations and massage techniques.
· An understanding of the process of birth
· Confidence in their ability to support you
· A model to offer them advice in asking any questions around intervention.
What’s the teacher’s background?
I did a full training with one of the early Hypnobirthing founders Marie Mongan (Mongan Method) in 2014 and have since trained in Mindful Hypnobirthing (Sophie Fletcher). I also immersed myself in a variety of approaches to hypnobirthing during my pregnancy and birth of my son.
As an experienced pregnancy yoga teacher (since 2014) and yoga nidra (deep relaxation) specialist I will guide you through a range of techniques designed to help you develop the skill of relaxing deeply. I teach these methods through practice – feeling these states in the body again and again so you can embody them in the lead up to and during your birth.
When should I do a course?
You are welcome to join from around 22 weeks of pregnancy. If you are nearing birth we can arrange some 121 sessions at a convenient time.
What resources will I receive?
· MP3 recordings of relaxations/hypnosis
· A book
· Class journal